Smart content is a dynamic content marketing, that adapts to each individual. This kind of content can be found on websites, apps, email campaigns, and social media campaigns designed by marketers to capture user attention, increase retention, and convert them into customers. Smart content uses accurate targeting and automatic optimization based on customer profiles and is more personalized.
Smart Content: What Is It?
Smart content can be customized based on a variety of factors, such as the user’s geographic location, which allows for the delivery of relevant information and offers specific to that region. A user’s browser type can provide insight into their browsing habits and preferences, which can be used to tailor content to their needs. The device being used by the user can also provide insight into their browsing habits, preferences, and preferred format for viewing content. Customizing the content based on the user’s preferred language can improve the user experience and increase engagement. Personalizing the content with the user’s name can make the experience more engaging and personalized. Having the user’s email address can allow for targeted email campaigns and personalized communication. Customizing content to meet the specific needs and preferences of the user can be achieved through understanding their buyer persona. Knowing where the user is in their buying journey can help deliver the most relevant information at the right time. A website’s user experience and conversion rates can be improved by understanding the user’s past interactions with forms. Tracking the user’s browsing behavior on the website can provide insight into their interests and preferences, allowing for more targeted content. Promotions can be tailored to users based on which offers they have redeemed or not. Knowing how the user found the website can help you engage them most effectively. Understanding which advertisements were effective in bringing the user to the website can inform future advertising efforts. All these factors when used smartly can deliver a highly personalized and relevant experience to the user, improving engagement and conversion rates.
What Are The Main Attributes Of Smart Content?
- Personalization: Smart content is tailored to the individual user, providing a personalized experience that is relevant and engaging. This can include personalized Personalized messages, recommendations, and dynamic content that changes as users interact. An e-commerce website that recommends products based on a user’s browsing history and purchases, or a news website that suggests articles based on a user’s interests and reading history.
- Adaptation in Real-time: Smart content can adapt to user interactions in real-time, providing an uninterrupted experience for the user. Updates to content, including news articles and social media posts, as well as adjustments to the website or app’s layout and design, can be made in real-time. Using a weather app that updates the forecast based on a user’s location, or a stock market website that updates stock prices in real-time, for example.
- Demographic Targeting: Smart content is able to target specific demographics, such as age, gender, location, and interests, to deliver more relevant and engaging content. Consider a fashion website that shows different clothing styles based on the user’s age and gender, or a travel website that displays vacation packages based on the user’s location.
- Behavioral Targeting: Smart content takes into account the user’s behavior, such as browsing history and previous interactions with the brand, to deliver content that is more likely to capture their attention and interest. Users’ viewing histories could be used to recommend movies and TV shows within a streaming service, or browsing histories could be used to show ads on social media platforms.
- Engagement Tracking: Smart content tracks user engagement, such as clicks and conversions, to provide insights into what is working and what isn’t, allowing for continuous optimization and improvement. The content strategy for a blog might be adjusted accordingly based on which articles get the most clicks and shares, or the pricing and promotion strategy of an e-commerce website based on which products are getting the most views and purchases.
- Multichannel Delivery: Smart content can be delivered across multiple channels, such as websites, apps, email campaigns, web push notifications, and social media chatbots, providing a consistent and cohesive experience for the user. In the case of a brand, you can send personalized emails to subscribers with special promotions, and push notifications with those special offers to those subscribers. On a website, mobile app, or social media platform, you can use a chatbot to provide customer support and answer questions.
- Automation: Smart content can be automated, allowing for efficient and scalable content creation and delivery. This can include using data-driven algorithms to personalize content, as well as automating the delivery of content based on user behavior and engagement. Marketing automation tools, for instance, send personalized emails based on the behavior and engagement of users in different segments of a mailing list, or websites that automatically adjust layout and design in response to user interactions and engagement are examples of data-driven algorithms.
Putting It All Together
It is not enough to simply have a website in order to solve today’s challenges. For modern businesses and companies, having a website is not enough. By leveraging modern technology, they can offer their audiences smart content along with robust online services, so that they go beyond stale information and enable audiences, to understand their needs, and provide digital experiences.
At 360 Business Marketing, we specialize in helping companies across industries transform digitally, to achieve their goals. Contact us to discuss how we can help.